You run a business or organization and want people to find you? It is important to have your own website. Your own address on the web is a place where you will refer people to and get found in search results.
If you’re wondering how to create a website, we’ve got something for you – we have prepared a comprehensive guide to creating a website step by step. There you will find all the essential things, tools and tips.
Choosing the website’s topic
Your most important task will be to consider what your website is going to be about. Maybe it will be your company’s calling card containing contact data, information on services, a map with directions or a contact form?
Or maybe you want to create a website for a community, a sports club or a web portal with local news? You might also set up a website for your hobby that might make money for you in the future.
The first task when creating a website is to plan the content to feature on the website.
Choose the domains
The domain you choose will impact whether Internet users will be able to easily find your website online. The domain should be unique, easy to remember and related to what you do.
Choosing the top-level domain is an important step. There are different types of top-level domains:
- Global: the most popular top-level domains that every Internet user around the world knows (.com, .org,…)
- Country code: they are used to target Internet users from specific countries (.pl, .de, .cz,…)
- Functional: they provide more info on the website owner’s activity
Choosing a CMS that will help you build a website fast and easily
With a content management system (CMS) you can create a dynamic and responsive website using an easy to use interface. Learn the advantages of using a CMS:
- Building websites: create a home page that will match the image of your company and comply with your brand book. Publish articles and present products.
- Programming languages: build a website out of ready-made elements – no need to know any programming language.
- Features: create product cards in your online store, as well as a contact form.
- Community: seek advice at message boards that you will be able to use to make your website look better.
- SEO: all CMS systems feature mechanisms for search engine optimization of websites.
Installing a CMS module is free of charge, you can order them together with your domain or hosting, or later in your client panel.